Sunday, August 15, 2010

From That Damn Stomach Flu

590. AG DOSTOYEVSKY June 23 (5 July) 1875. Ems / Fyodor Dostoevsky

Ems 5 iyulya/23 June. Monday night.

This letter will tomorrow, Tuesday, my dear Anna, today and in the afternoon, received a telegram from you. It surprised me, and tormented. What makes you think I'm sick? So, you just stopped receiving my letters, that is missing one letter. But what do because of this worry? Believe me, precious friend of mine, that with me nothing can happen. The last letter I sent to you yesterday, Sunday. Before posted on Thursday (ie penultimate), and then, before Thursday, sent There was a letter on Monday. That is exactly 8 days ago. Thus, the three letters in 8 days. I write constantly and accurately in every three days for the letter. I told you now same telegram, which went in the 2-o'clock. Now there the ninth hour, and it should already get, but I still terribly worried. First, the telegram was on your German and came all distorted. Staraya Russa called Skraja Russe, my name and not a trace remained. Reached only because it was marked Haus "Luzern" № 10. So way perevrut (Berlin), and my telegram, and that if not come to Russa, or send it in Ruza? And if you do not reach you a telegram, and I dreamed all now that on Friday or Saturday you suddenly opened my door and vbezhish here to see me in the Hôtel "Luzern". You would not believe, Anne, as painful! As can be treated in such an arrangement spirit. Just now I'm half dead, having received your telegram, and fell into a chair. I wrote in a telegram: Ich bin ganz gesund, and now curse myself why wrote ganz: nothing stands in Berlin perekoverkat in ganz nicht gesund. Judging by how distorted your telegram, anything is possible. Now the whole week will be in terrible anxiety.

I am today at 4:00 was a doctor, after a whole weeks of absence and asked him to, because of expiring after three days of 4 weeks of my treatment in detail, and seriously examine me. He examined me for a long, detailed and seriously, and found that the chest is in excellent condition, all healed. But there was hoarseness and difficulty breathing, he said that it could go by itself and that if I want, then on Thursday (exactly after 4 weeks of treatment) can leave. Rinse the same throat kesselbrunnenom though, and made this last week of the big successes, but his throat is still irritated, so that if another week, starting today, to undergo treatment, then there would be nothing wrong. " And decided. So exactly a week since with today, I'll still be treated. Iyulya/23 today 5 June, and next Monday will be 11 iyulya/30 June, and here in this next Monday (that is our style on June 30) - Exactly one week and I'll leave here. So, you have more here to see me do not write, and write to me now to give this letter to St. Petersburg, poste restante. In this letter, write: hire Do I have an apartment in St. Petersburg, despite an earlier date, or not to hire and how much time to sit hiring and so forth.? On this urgent and for the last again I ask you.

You know that since yesterday the letter, which I suppose you have already received to this letter with me nothing new could happen except Is that what my novel was not moving and not written. Waiting for the rest, when will be. And here before makes me sick, before the sick to live, that I will long remember this hell month.

Do not forget to drop me anything in writing about the children. If I leave 11-go/30, it means that on a Friday or even Thursday could be in St. Petersburg. And if I do not sit in St. Petersburg for a long time, then on Monday, July 7, could already be in Staraya Russa. It means exactly two weeks later.

Goodbye, for Christ's sake, be calm; remained so little good-bye. I hug and kiss you and I will dream of you all. I bless babies, bows. (We emphasize that there should not have to buy in St. Petersburg) Tell baby, it will soon come.

Your entire eternal and unchanging Dostoevsky.

Just what happens to you (not God forbid) in a certain respect, then immediately a telegram me here, to June 30, our style I'm here. With thy nervousness, (1) probably will happen. Oh, Anne, how difficult the separation at a time!

(1) it was further: all

0 comments:

Post a Comment